Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Garden Journal

At the end of winter last year I decided to start a garden Journal.I thought it would be a theraputic way of getting past the demolishing of the beautiful garden I had at my last house by property developers. I had a lovely old book titled "Roof over Heaven" and this seemed a good name to inspire a new garden even though my "new" garden is around 105 years old.
I took photos and added them to the altered pages and picked up bits and bobs of thread and fabric scatterd by the birds or dropped beneath my clothesline by the wind, feathers from my ducks and anything else that could conceivably be added to my book.
Naturally it is an ongoing process and some moments recorded are especially meaningful such as the "planting" of my grandsons placenta under a Taiwanese Cherry tree in the front garden.
One day I will record my previous garden which was a thing of great beauty but for now I feel the need to look forward and linger on thoughts of the delights to come in my new garden.
We have planted Fig, Olive, Apricot and Plum trees this year.More to come and savour in years ahead

No comments:

Post a Comment