Wednesday, May 13, 2009

R.I.P. Aspen Bagley.


A sad and reflective day. My late mothers 94th birthday(she passed 3 years ago) and news of sweet doggy, Aspen Bagleys passing from this world to the next.June 1993_may11th 2009.My poor canine companion Brie is suffering from arthritis in her back legs from the surgery she has had in the past 2 years.I spend much of my time wrapping her in soft blankets and cutdown jerseys making sure she is warm and doesn't lick away any more fur from her painful leg joints. She is only 7 and I do hope she will be here as my best buddy for a long while yet.She is my step grandaughters dearest friend and confidante.She has suffered the trials of having AML leukemia over the past 18 months and she is only 8years old.Through it all she has pined for my dear doglet who understands more than can be expressed in words. Bries joy each time my grandaughter is released from hospital after yet more painful and agonising treatments has to be seen to be believed. More than once we have sneaked Brie into the basement carpark of Ronald McDonald House so they can share a brief cuddle to keep them going until they are reunited once again.Friendships such as theirs and ours do not come along everyday just as Ninas and Aspens did not. R.I.P. Aspen Bagley.

No comments:

Post a Comment